Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tough Decisions

Where do you begin when making a choice? Do you think of what's in everybody's best interest and narrow it down to the one who has the most to gain? Do you look out for number one? Are you satisfied letting somebody else figure it out for you?

I recently had to make a tough decision. I had to let someone down, and that never feels good. I did it for the better of my family, but I still had to hurt someone in the process.

When we choose, we change the future. We create the future with our choices.

My belief is that if we make choices we feel are honest, good for loved ones and ourselves, and overall help other people, we're not doing too bad.

As time passes, guilt can be the trickiest part. Will we carry it harder and stronger each passing day, or will memory trick us into the bliss of forgetting?

Either way, there are imprints in our subconscious mind. The lessons we learn and the feelings we earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment